Where are we located?
The Department of Aerospace Engineering is located in Howe Hall, on the west side of Iowa State’s campus. Howe Hall can be found on the west side of Bissell Road. The main office is in room 1200.
Directions to Campus
Iowa State University is located in Ames, Iowa. Interstate 35 runs north and Directions to Campus south just east of Ames, and U.S. Highway 30 runs east and west just south of campus.
If you are traveling to Howe Hall via Interstate 35:
- Take Exit 111B labeled “30West”
- Travel west on Highway 30
- Take Exit 146, the “University Boulevard/ISU” exit
- Drive north on University Boulevard to Lincoln Way (fourth traffic light)
- At Lincoln Way, turn left (west) past Hilton Coliseum and C.Y. Stephens Auditorium
- Turn right on Union Drive
- Turn right on Bissell Road
There are a few metered parking spots in the southwest parking lot of Howe Hall, and also some on the street surrounding the west entrance of Howe Hall.
Additional places to park on campus include:
- Lot 100 is on the east side of campus near the Leid Rec Center.
- Lot 21 is on the west side of campus, next to the Armory.
- The East Campus Parking Deck is located on Union Drive near Forker Building, or across from East and Heady Halls.
- Pay parking is also available at the Memorial Union Parking Ramp. Entrances are from the south off of Lincoln Way and from the North off of Union Drive.
To search for a building on campus, visit the ISU Online Campus Map
Schedule a visit
For information regarding a visit to the Department please contact our office at 515-294-5666.