A big part of what we do is inspire our students to dream of what they can be, and then take the initiative to reach those goals. Recently, the ISU Alumni Association displayed the VISIONS Across America art exhibition in the Scheman Building on campus, and three of our alumni were featured. This exhibit inspired us to create an exhibit of our own in Howe Hall and we’re calling it ‘Living the Dream’. We will handle the details, but what we’d like from you is a high resolution picture file of you at your job and an explanation of the photo. We want to capture the essence of what you do and how you have utilized your degree in your time since graduating from Iowa State University. (Click on the photos below to learn more about the person.) If you are an alum of our department, we want to see how you’ve living your dream! Please contact communications specialist, Clay Paciorek, for more information or if you’d like to participate.
Living The Dream
- $6 million gift from Boeing to support Iowa State University’s Student Innovation Center and undergraduate researchers
- Aerospace Engineering alum and his wife are first Homecoming “Cyclone Sweethearts”
- Team from Aerospace Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Ames Lab finds criterion to predict phase transformations under general stresses
Aerospace Engineering Hours
- Office, 1200 Howe: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Howe Hall: Monday-Saturday, 6 a.m.-10:30 p.m.; Sunday, 7 a.m.-10:30 p.m.
- Holiday hours: Thanksgiving week, Nov. 19-23: Main Office, 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Advising Center 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Graduate Office 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Winter Break, Dec. 16-Jan. 12: Main Office, 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Advising Center 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Graduate Office 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Emergency contact: Building supervisor Jim Benson, 515-294-4946