B.A. Communication Studies/Journalism, University of Northern Iowa, 2011
M.A.E. Postsecondary Education: Student Affairs, University of Northern Iowa, 2013
Brad joined the department in March, 2014.
I was an Admissions Advisor at Upper Iowa University for a year before coming to ISU. Before that I was a Graduate Assistant in the Office of Academic Advising at the University of Northern Iowa.
- I’m a HUGE sports fan! I love college athletics and am a diehard fan of my alma mater, the UNI Panthers. I also support the Iowa State Cyclones. For professional sports teams I follow the Chicago Cubs and the Denver Broncos.
- I’m married to my wife Leah (she’s an Academic Adviser in ECpE) and we have two daughters (Kristine & Lyla) and two dogs (Addison & Clark) at home.
- I have lived in Iowa my whole life. I grew up in the small town of Gladbrook, Iowa.
- My academic advisors were really helpful during my time as an undergrad and graduate student. I think it’s cool that I now get to return the favor as an Academic Adviser at ISU and help other college students throughout their academic journey.
- While I don’t have an Aerospace Engineering background, as a child I wanted to become a pilot and astronaut after seeing the movies “Top Gun” and “Apollo 13”.