Main Office2233 Howe Hall
Ames, IA 50011-2271
- Ph.D., West Virginia University, Aerospace, 1984
- M.S., Aerospace, Indian Institute of Science (India), 1978
- B.S.,Madras Institute of Technology (India), Aerospace, 1976
- B.S., Mathematics, Madras University (India), 1973
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Simulation of flow through rotors
- Aerodynamics of helicopters and wind turbines
- Wind energy conversion systems
- Rajagopalan, R. G., Chien-Jung Yu, “Use of Lagrange Interpolation in Modeling Convective Kinematics”, Numerical Heat Transfer, Part B, 36:233-240, 1999.
- Tadghighi, H., Rajagopalan, R.G., Burley, C., "Simulation of Tiltrotor Fountain Flow Field Effects Using a Finite Volume Technique: An Aero/Acoustic Study", J. of American Helicopter Society, April 1999, Vol. 44, Number 2.
- Ochs, S. S., Rajagopalan, R. G., “An Adaptively-Refined Quadtree Grid Method for Incompressible Flows”, ( Numerical Heat Transfer, Part B, 34:379-400, 1998).
- Rajagopalan, R. G., Baskaran, V., “Orthogonal Grid Generation on Surfaces”, accepted for a chapter in The Handbook of Grid Generation, edited by Joe F. Thompson, Bharat Soni, and Nigel Wealtherill, December, 1998, CRC Press.
- Poling, D.R., Rosenstein, H., Rajagopalan, R.G., “Use of a Unique Navier-Stokes Code in Understanding Tilt Rotor Flowfields in Hover,” J. of American Helicopter Society, April, 1998.
- Rajagopalan, R. G., Keys, C. N., “Detailed Aerodynamic Design of the RAH-66 Fantail Using CFD,” J. of American Helicopter Society, October, 1997.
- Zori, L. A. J., Mathur, S. R., Rajagopalan, R. G., “Three-Dimensional Calculations of Rotor-Airframe Interaction in Forward Flight,” J. of American Helicopter Society, Vol. 40, No. 2, April 1995.