All students must fulfill the following program objectives to successfully complete the LAUNCH-UAS program.
Students in the LAUNCH-UAS program are required to:
- Conduct an independent research project with guidance from a faculty mentor
- Develop a weekly plan with research related activities and complete the activities for 40 hours per week for the 10-week program period
- Participate in all professional development workshops, events, and seminars
- Submit all required assignments (e.g., abstract, poster, and research paper) on due dates
- Present a research poster at the Iowa State University’s Summer Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Develop professional relationships with LAUNCH-UAS students, faculty and graduate student mentors
- Seek assistance to develop research skills and to meet educational and professional goals
Important: Students are not allowed to take classes or vacations during the 10-week LAUNCH-UAS program period.
Note: All participants will receive
- $500/week stipend for 10 weeks
- Housing accommodation for 10 weeks and a meal plan
- $600 travel allowance
To participate in this program, students will have to meet all the eligibility criteria.
- Be at least 18 years old by the start of the program.
- Be able to participate for the entire duration of the program (10 weeks).
- Be a US Citizen or permanent resident.
Documents necessary for application:
- College transcripts
- Personal Statement
- CV or Resume
- Letter of Recommendation