- Assistant Professor
- Walter W. Wilson Faculty Fellow
Main Office2341 Howe Hall
Ames, IA 50011
- Ph.D., Aerospace Engineering, The Pensylvania State University, University Park, PA, 2004
- M.S., Aerospace Engineering, The Pensylvania State University, University Park, PA, 2001
- B Tech (BE Equivlant), Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India, 1999
- Aero acoustics: turbo machinery fan noise
- Wind turbine aerodynamics and aero acoustics.
- High performance computing
Before joining Iowa State University, Anupam was a senior engineer at the General Electric Global Research Center located in Niskayuna, New York. At GE, Anupam led a team of six researchers in aerodynamics and aeroacoustics of turbomachines, with a focus on aircraft engines and wind turbines. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India, and his Master’s and Doctorate in Aerospace Engineering as well from the Pennsylvania State University, USA. He is a senior member of the AIAA and is also a member of the Aeroacoustics technical committee.
- A. Sharma, S. K. Richards,T. H. Wood, and C. M. Shieh “Numerical Prediction of Fan Tone Interaction Noise from High Bypass Aircraft Engines,” accepted for publication in AIAA Journal, 2009.
- A. Sharma and L. N.Long, “Numerical Simulation of the Blast Impact Problem using the Direct Simulation Monte (DSMC) Carlo Method,” Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 200, No. 1, Oct. 2004, pp. 211–237.
- N. Sezer-Uzol, A. Sharma and L. N. Long, “Computational Fluid Dynamics Simulations of Ship Airwake,” Proceedings of the I Mech E, Part G, Journal of Aerospace Engineering, Vol. 219, No. 5, 2005, pp. 369–392.
- F. Souliez, L. N. Long, P. J. Morris, and A. Sharma, “Landing Gear Aerodynamic Noise Prediction Using Unstructured Grids,” International Journal of Aeroacoustics, Vol. 1, No. 2, Jan. 2002, pp. 115–135.
- A. Sharma and N. Ananthkrishnan, “Passage Through Resonance of Rolling, Finned Projectiles With Center-of-Mass Offset,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 239, No. 1, Jan. 2001, pp. 1–17.
- A. Sharma and N. Ananthkrishnan, “Large-Amplitude Limit Cycles via a Homoclinic Bifurcation Mechanism,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 236, No. 4, Sep. 2000, pp. 725–729.