The deadline to apply has been extended to
Friday, February 2nd at 11:59pm.
Creating Operational Thinkers
Operational thinking and user-centered design are important for human space exploration. To be a successful astronaut, or even an engineer here on earth, you need to think differently. Retired NASA astronaut Clay Anderson, along with Iowa State University, has created the week- long Spaceflight Operations Workshop, which will challenge the way students think. Leaving the classroom, students will participate in hands-on activities to learn planning, execution, and teamwork.
About The Workshop
Students are put through exercises similar to those used in actual Astronaut training at NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston:
- SCUBA diving – Working in a hazardous environment
- Wilderness survival training – Expeditionary behavior, teamwork, and mission planning
- Flight Simulation – Cockpit resource management
- Skydiving – Moving in reduced gravity
- Virtual Reality – Emergency training
In The News
Spaceflight Operations in Photos